The topsOrtho™ cost advantage
You may have heard that topsOrtho costs more than other practice management systems. But don’t believe it. In fact, up-front costs can be the same—or less—than with other systems. Plus, it actually saves you money over time. Here’s how.
What’s the true cost of owning a practice management system? Our competitors don’t talk about it, because topsOrtho is the clear winner.
Reduce your IT costs dramatically—and get a much better product—with topsOrtho. Find out how we can save you money by calling us at +1 (770) 627-2527 or sending us an e-mail at sales@topsOrtho.com.
Hardware and software
Don’t be fooled by those print ads for PCs; the deceptively low prices don’t include everything you’ll need to run the PC.
Windows-based practice management systems require additional software, including:
- Microsoft Office or Word for every computer creating or viewing letters
- Microsoft 2003 Server, software and user licenses
- Microsoft SQL and user licenses
- Backup software, database software and anti-virus software licenses
- Terminal services software licenses
- Upgrade costs for these every 3-4 years
Macs have all the essentials built right in, and so does topsOrtho. No hidden charges, no additional expenses.
- topsOrtho runs satellite offices fast without additional servers. You’ll need just one server with software to run your entire practice (whether it’s one office or five, and no matter how far apart they’re located).
- No Terminal Services or Citrix required
- No VPN required
- T1 data lines are not required; business grade cable modem and DSL data lines work fine.
- Enjoy 100 percent of the same functionality of your main office in your satellite. There are no limitations for adding X-rays, scanners, printers, cameras, etc., at any computer connected to your tops server.
- How much time and money are you spending to maintain your network?
- You can add a Mac with topsOrtho to your network by yourself; it’s that easy.
- topsOrtho Mac networks cost less to maintain and support. Many tops customers report spending nothing on maintenance and support.
- Work with our experienced community of hardware technicians to receive the best installation experience. We recommend MacAnswer, Broad River IT and Surf CT.
But… “I have PCs already and it’s too costly to switch” (Not!)
- PCs are typically upgraded every two to three years with new hardware.
- Mac minis cost just $599 each and run topsOrtho.
- By working with our implementation team and shopping smart, we can almost always keep the hardware cost of transitioning to topsOrtho lower than if you upgraded to another Windows system.
- Review your total costs — hardware and software, satellite office T1 lines and network maintenance — and you can pay for a new topsOrtho system in less than three years.
Ask us for references! tops practices are happy to talk about how they reduced costs while upgrading to topsOrtho.